Coordinator, Medical Staff Services, Truckee, CA
Tahoe Forest Hospital District has an exciting opportunity as Coordinator, Medical Staff Services.
As Coordinator, Medical Staff Services, under the direction of the Director of Medical Staff Services, you will provided a broad range of support and assistance in Medical Staff related affairs. Accountable for a professional level of interdepartmental and Medical Staff interaction as well as maintenance of Medical Staff records, confidential physician data, and hospital correspondence. Works under minimal supervision. Assists the Director of Medical Staff Services and the Medical Staff to comply with Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, Policies and Procedures in addition to all applicable Federal, State and local regulatory and/or accrediting agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following:
- Coordinates meetings of the Medical Staff as outlined in the Bylaws, Rules and Regulations by agenda preparation, participant notification and room and food service scheduling.
- Attends meetings and participates as required.
- Records and summarizes meeting minutes and performs appropriate follow up.
- Maintains and distributes monthly medical staff meeting schedules.
- Assures timely flow of information between committee(s) and follows up on all action items to ensure resolution and availability of information for Medical Staff meetings.
- Processes applications for medical staff and allied health professional staff membership and clinical privileges, including initial appointments, reappointments, and requests for temporary and additional privileges.
- Coordinates proctoring process and tracks provider progress in compliance with regulatory requirements and established Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, Allied Health Guidelines, and medical staff Policies and Procedures.
- Maintains the credentialing software database and develops reports as needed.
- Maintains, updates and posts all rosters of the medical and Allied Health Professional (AHP) staffs.
- Maintains and posts individual medical staff and AHP members’ privileges in the medical staff’s credentialing program.
- Supports Medical Staff Chairs in their responsibilities for performing reviews of credentialing, proctoring, and other varied functions within their committees.
- In the absence of the Director of Medical Staff Services, acts as a liaison to the Medical Staff Leadership and Hospital Administration providing resources needed to enable the medical staff to fulfill their duties and obligations as defined by designated health services (DHS), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP), and other regulatory agencies.
- Maintains and protects the confidentiality of Medical Staff records as per the Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, including education, training, current eligibility, continuing medical education (CME), and Quality and Performance Improvement of the medical staff.
- Possesses knowledge of regulatory Medical Staff standards and Federal requirements as they relate to the functions of the Medical Staff.
- Conducts independent research on any topic in the regulations as required.
- Integrates regulatory requirements into the Medical Staff functions and Medical Staff office or other hospital processes.
- Maintains appropriate documentation for HFAP/CMS/DHS compliance and recommends changes as necessary to fulfill survey requirements, including review and revision of Medical Staff Policies and Procedures.
- Follows legal, State and Federal agency, State Licensing Board, and HFAP regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Medical Staff Services Director, Chief of Staff, Chief Medical Officer, and other leadership including Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors.
- Demonstrates System Values in performance and behavior.
- Complies with System policies and procedures.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. One to two years experience in use of MDStaff credentialing software program.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS: Preferred: Certified Professional in Medical Services Management (CPMSM) and/or Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) preferred or actively pursuing certification. Current driver’s license required for traveling to off-site locations.
OTHER EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS: Must be flexible in work schedule to accommodate early morning and evening meetings.
COMPUTER/BUSINESS SKILLS: Ability to use office machines. Extensive knowledge and ability to use word processing, Outlook, and other Microsoft Office programs, with ability to proofread and present final documentation that is professional and grammatically correct. Use of lap top computer in meetings to document proceedings. Ability to enter and retrieve data from hospital computer systems. Experience in use of medical staff credentialing software programs preferred.
To learn more about Tahoe Forest Hospital District, complete and submit your online application and resume, visit our Career Center at: www.tfhd.com Questions? Contact our Recruiter at (530) 582-3593, or email@example.com