Chief Financial Officer, Antioch, CA
Job Posting Chief Financial Officer
We are seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer to join our dynamic medical specialty practice with operations across the East Bay area of Northern California.
This high-energy position requires an individual that welcomes a challenging, long-term opportunity. The abilities to multi-task and adapt to a dynamic business environment, and the possession of strong senior management skills and significant successful experience are critical to this position.
The CFO who serves as a member of the executive leadership team, regularly assesses the organizational performance of Epic Care Finance operations against annual budget and long-term financial strategies; Creates new metric-based tools and systems for use in the development of business and operational planning; Provides critical financial information to Shareholders and makes actionable recommendations on both strategy and business processes to ensure maximum practice efficiency, cost effectiveness and overall profitability; Responsible for designing, performing and interpreting financial and analytic reporting, to provide measurements for Executive Management; Continually evaluates finance department methodologies to ensure the highest levels of financial performance.
- Implements, enhances and maintains the Finance department plan, and recommends changes to the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), Executive Committee (Exec) and CEO.
- In conjunction with CEO and Exec, aid in the development and modification/restructuring of the Finance department policies, procedures and processes to facilitate attaining the goals of the organization.
- Directs the development and implementation of Finance department procedures and controls to ensure their adequate execution, compliance, and updates; including the establishment and maintenance of internal controls to prevent fraud.
- Evaluates general and specific practice conditions as they relate to Finance issues and advises the CEO and Exec via written / oral reports.
- Participates in the identification of opportunities for the development of systems (both manual and automated) to properly support the Finance department, including but not limited to COA, Asset Control, Financial Reporting, Service Line P&L, and Management / Metrics reporting.
- Ensures effective financial information is readily available to the practice to populate Metric driven evaluation. Develop and maintain COA and other informatics systems to ensure ease of data extraction and availability in a flexible and industry standard methodology, using commercially available tools and techniques.
- Oversees Finance Department operations, and guides Controller on issues related to workload/overtime, vacation requests, performance evaluations, employee development, and all other Finance department staffing issues.
- Serves as a backup resource and mentor to the Finance departmental staff. Enhances existing developmental plans and monitors programs for follow-up.
- Produces annual budget, provides management information related to monthly budget comparison, and identifies opportunities for cost containment.
- Serve on the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) as the representative of Finance, and works closely with related department Directors through the ELT.
- Ensures the timely preparation and accuracy of the financial statement and associated narrative, for presentation to Executive Committee, and for monthly reports for Partner’s meetings.
- Ensures the timely preparation and accuracy of the Physician Compensation Reports and Business Intelligence Reports for the practice and its Service Lines; and under direction of the Board, implement modifications as required in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Oversees the areas of general ledger, accounts payable, non-medical accounts receivables, fixed assets tracking, revenue collection and banking, and in conjunction with the Director of HR, the practice payroll and employee tracking systems.
- As directed by the ELT, design and manage the effort to properly produce service line P&L statements, including revenue recognition and expense allocation.
- Masters level education in health care finance or in a related field and/or suitable experience
- 5+ years’ in a senior level finance position, preferably in a large private practice environment
- Familiarity with Oncology, Surgery, and Primary Care a plus
The applicant must have the following attributes and skills:
- Results-oriented, with history and high expectation of success
- Creative problem solving talent
- Ability to develop and maintain close working relationships with the staff, physicians, and practice management
- Facility in direct motivation, feedback, and guidance
- Attentive to effective and efficient implementation of projects that vary in scope
- Wide range of skills and talents
Fighting cancer involves mounting a heroic effort to reach a cure. The process is formidable and, at times, frightening. It requires a strong, focused commitment from our entire team. Everything about our practice and the way we provide our care is aimed at taking the fear and the unknown away, while we provide the most progressive, thorough and caring treatments available.
Our name says it all – Epic Care - Partners in Cancer Care
Medical / Dental / Vision/401(k) available. Competitive compensation package available commensurate with experience.
Please apply to our website careers page at: www.epic-care.com