Registered Dietitian/Director of Nutrition Services, Big Bear Lake, CA
Job: Registered Dietitian/Director of Nutrition Services
Title Registered Dietitian/Director of Nutrition Services
Start Date March 17, 2017
Salary $34.75 – $45.35 – $55.94
This position oversees the food service and nutrition service for the dietary department; to enable them to provide a food service that meets the daily nutritional needs of residents and patients, ensure that special dietary needs are met, and provide palatable, attractive and acceptable meals served in accordance with the standards set forth by Title 22 and regulation of accrediting agency. Responsibilities include:
- Management in the formulation of a departmental budget
- Continuous reassessment/evaluation of the service provided to assure that it is consistent with the philosophy of the District/hospital
- Dietary counseling to hospital, SNF and clinic patients
- Performs nutritional assessments on patients/residents
- Ensure that hospital policies are up-to-date and meet all legal requirements
- Supervision of the dietary food service personnel/staff
- Approval of the menu systems
- Oversees all aspects of food production, procurement and safety for acute care and SNF unit
- Plans, organizes and conducts in-service educational programs for food service and nursing personnel
The Registered Dietitian is responsible for:
- The supervision of the food service staff
- The hospital policies related to the dietary department
- The standards set forth by Title 22 and regulation of accrediting agency
- The consulting and counseling of patients with respect to dietary issues
Bachelors or Advanced Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in food and nutrition or institutional management. Masters Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics preferred. Patient care experience in a hospital and/or long term care setting required. Knowledge and skills required to provide Medical Nutrition Therapy for all ages both inpatient and outpatient. Management/supervisory experience is required.
Completed internship approved by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Two to three years experience in health care work required, including work and internship experience. Knowledge of Title 22, Food Code and OBRA guidelines preferred.
Registered Dietitian, meeting the requirements established by the State Regulatory Agency, California Department of Public Health and Title 22. Must maintain a current Food Handler’s Certification or Serv Safe Certification and current licensure through Commission of Dietetic Registration.
The following physical and sensory abilities define the essential functions of the daily work of a Registered Dietitian:
- Standing – frequently, 10-45 minutes on all surfaces.
- Sitting – frequently, 10-30 minutes variety of surfaces.
- Walking – constantly, all surfaces.
- Lifting – frequently,
- Floor to waist, required – 10-30 lbs.
- Waist to shoulder, required – 10-40 lbs.
- Waist to above the head, required – up to 20 lbs
- Carrying – required 4-6 feet – 30-49 lbs.
- Pushing and pulling, occasionally
- Climbing, occasionally – 2- 30 stairs
- Balancing, frequently. Bending and stooping, frequently.
- Twisting, occasionally. Reaching, occasionally
How to Apply Candidates are encouraged to apply on-line, download an application from this website, or obtain an application from the Hospital front lobby. Current employees submit a Transfer Request form to Human Resources.