Licensed Vocational Nurse, San Francisco, CA
Licensed Vocational Nurse –FTR022017
Asian & Pacific Islander Wellness Center is a multicultural health services, education, research, and policy organization. We transform lives by advancing health, wellness and equality. We strengthen the well-being of and lead under-served communities—of all races, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, and immigration statuses—toward justice and health. Founded in 1987 as an all-volunteer, community-based response to the AIDS crisis in communities of color, we are an anchor-organization for San Francisco’s Tenderloin neighborhood, and we also lead regional, statewide, and national programming.
We believe that everyone deserves to be healthy and needs access to the highest quality health care.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) is responsible for providing field based nursing care, complex medical care management, and at-home care to HIV positive clients enrolled in intensive case management services. The LVN is the central medical provider on an integrated, mobile team. The LVN is responsible for supporting health and psychiatric assessments as well as developing and continually updating collaborative client care plans, specifically around medication adherence, care engagement, referrals, and health education. Direct client work and interaction with be done in the field and at the office.
- Provides mobile nursing care (under the supervision of the primary care provider and/or director of nursing) and case management (under the supervision of the clinical supervisor) to HIV positive clients enrolled in the intensive case management program
- Supports field based health and psychiatric assessments and monitoring
- Offers enhanced medication support; this includes dispensing, directly-observed treatment (DOT) and IM Depo injections
- Coordinates directly with pharmacies
- Provides complex care management such as hospital transition support, medical referrals, and health education
- Provides service referral, linkage, coordination, advocacy services
- Develops and renews clients’ individualized nursing treatment plans
- Coordinates with clients’ primary care provider weekly
- Completes necessary documentation, UOS reports and treatment plans in a timely manner
- Participates in weekly case conferences, monthly staff meetings and in-service trainings
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned
- Candidate must be a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the state of California
- One to two years of experience providing nursing care and case management
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, STIs, substance use, and mental health issues
- Experience working with LGBTQ populations
- Familiarity with HIV/AIDS issues in communities of color
- Team based care
- Knowledge of harm reduction philosophy, client centered counseling and motivational interviewing techniques
- Must be adaptive, flexible and a team player
- Strong verbal and written proficiency in English
- Spanish language skills preferred
- San Francisco
TO APPLY: ONLY applications submitted through our online database will be considered. Please include both your cover letter and resume when prompted to insert your resume in the database here:
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes: medical, dental and vision insurance, generous vacation, sick leave and holidays, one-month sabbatical, 403(b) with employer match, flexible work schedule, flex spending account, life insurance, long-term disability, professional development opportunities and more! (Benefits guidelines and eligibility vary based on tenure, employment status and FTE, among other factors.)
Asian & Pacific Islander Wellness Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. Asian & Pacific Islander Wellness Center does not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability status, gender identity, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records