Director - Integrated Care Management, Dayton, OH
April 11, 2017
INTEGRATED CARE MANAGEMENT
FULL TIME/DAYS/80 HRS PER PAY
Director – Integrated Care Management – GSH
- The Director of Integrated Care Management promotes the mission, vision and values of Good SamaritanHospital and the vision of the Dayton Heart & Vascular Hospital @ Good Samaritan. This individual leads a team of case managers, social workers, clinical documentation specialists, and clerical/concierge staff. Together, with the GSH leadership team, they are responsible for the provision of high quality and cost effective patient care through the implementation of the hospital strategic plan. This individual is an advocate for the department, staff, patients and their families. The Director provides growth opportunities and serves as a role model for the development of managers and personnel.
- The Director communicates appropriate information to the Vice Presidents regarding the impact of hospital and strategic decisions on case management, social services, compliant documentation, patient flow and resource utilization. The Director will also work with members of multidisciplinary teams across Premier Health (PH) and the healthcare continuum, including directors, physicians, ancillary departments, nurses, Vice Presidents and other stakeholders to implement effective, efficient and consistent patient flow and care coordination practices. This individual functions as a creative, innovative leader with a high degree of independence and accountability, while promoting customer satisfaction for services rendered.
- The Director of Integrated Care Management collaborates effectively with the Vice Presidents and GSH multidisciplinary teams, to provide organizational direction for efficient patient flow and fiscally responsive resource utilization.
- Requires an undergraduate bachelor’s degree with a clinical focus in areas such as nursing, social services, etc. Current RN license in the state of Ohio is required.
- Master’s degree in business, clinical and/or health care administration.
- A minimum of 5 years of clinical experience with 5 years of progressive management experience in clinical operations, case management and/or quality improvement is required.
- Possesses computer knowledge, information management skills, understanding of The Joint Commission standards, knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid regulations, use of Interqual/Milliman criteria and experience with care coordination and utilization management. Experience with computer systems such as EPIC Midas, Allscripts is preferred.
- Well-developed communication and positive interpersonal skills across disciplines are needed.
- Evidence of innovative leadership, critical thinking, process improvement and change management skills.
- Experience managing department finances and budgeting is required.