Oncology Service Line Director, Salem, OR
Job Title: Oncology Service Line Director - Oncology Service Line
Site: Salem Hospital
Shift: 0800-1700 (40 hrs per week)
Overtime Schedule: Exempt
Salary Range: DOE
Recruiter Name: Carrie Ariniello
Job Number: 5429037
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Salem Health is currently seeking a talented Oncology Service Line Director to join our team!
Salem Health—an OHSU Partner—offers exceptional care to people in and around Oregon’s mid-Willamette Valley. We have hospitals in Salem and Dallas (West Valley), a medical group of primary and specialty care providers, plus other affiliated services. Our Dallas hospital is a critical-access hospital. Our Salem hospital is a Magnet®-recognized facility, a regional referral center and one of the largest acute-care hospitals in Oregon. Salem Health is the area’s largest private employer, with about 3,500 full and part-time employees.
Every result we deliver has a profound impact on people’s lives, which is why we deliver more than just results. Our exceptional clinical care, healing environment, and commitment to quality patient care makes us tops with the people who matter to us: our patients and their families.
The Oncology Service Line Director is responsible for the overall growth and performance of the cancer service line, serves as Director of the Oncology Service Line, Radiation Oncology, Salem Cancer Institute, Infusion & Wound Care Clinic, Cancer Registry, Cancer Research, and GYN/ONC Clinic. The Director will work closely with physicians and other cancer care professionals to enhance service delivery to patients in the continuum of care under the affiliation umbrella of the Oncology Service Line. The Director is responsible to oversee the development, growth and integration of services that bring the various multidisciplinary specialties and departments into an effective operational and care continuum that matches the episode of care experienced by the patient. The Director will develop related programs and formal affiliations that keep the Oncology Service Line positioned in the forefront of care delivery in a financially responsible manner.
Minimum Qualifications Include:
- Requires a Masters of Science in Nursing or MHA, MPH or MBA.
- Oregon State Registered Nursing License preferred.
- Minimum 10 years leadership experience in a healthcare organization with clinical management experience in cancer services or other service lines.
- Healthcare administrative experience including strategic planning, marketing, budgeting, customer service, performance improvement and working with physicians to change/improve service levels.
- Excellent communication oral and written communication skills, analytical skills applied to markets and clinical service development, data management, analysis and presentation skills, knowledge of CQI methodology, facilitation skills, and knowledge of regulatory issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of leadership staff and physicians.
- Excellent computer skills including experience with excel, access and data report development.
- Candidate has demonstrated both core and director talents in prior leadership positions.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- A drive to be of service to others
- A clear understanding of right and wrong which guides your actions.
- A need to assume personal accountability for your work.
- An ability to think things through with incomplete data.
- An ability to identify the feelings and perspectives of others.
- A need to build feelings of mutual support.
Core Job Functions Include:
- Establish and update the strategic and annual work plans for cancer services as part of the Oncology Service Line and Salem Health, including the evaluation of trends in cancer care and investment opportunities in technology and care delivery.
- Oversee service line performance to agreed-upon targets in volume, financial margin, quality, and patient satisfaction as stated in the annual plan and budget.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Oncology Service Line including the care management program, patient education, community outreach for cancer services.
- Operationally responsible for Oncology Service Line (Radiation Oncology, Salem Cancer Institute, Infusion & Wound Care Clinic, Cancer Registry, Cancer Research, and GYN/ONC Clinic).
- Oversee integrated cancer services program design, structuring, implementation, and ongoing operations from a patient-centered vantage point.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment drug testing for unauthorized substances. Marijuana and medical marijuana are considered unauthorized substances. Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to complete the U.S. Department Homeland Security's I-9 form confirming identity and authorization to work in the United States. Salem Health is not able to support VISA sponsorships.
In order to be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Without this information, candidates cannot be considered for positions to which they may be qualified.
Please note: Six furlough days per year are currently in effect for designated departments. Employees in their first twelve months of a benefit eligible position are generally exempted from mandatory furlough days.