Compliance Specialist I, South San Francisco, CA
Compliance Specialist I
The Health Plan of San Mateo (HPSM), a managed care health plan, seeks a full time Compliance Specialist I to Analyze regulatory agency marketing requirements; effectively communicate findings to all HPSM staff; develop and update HPSM materials to meet regulatory needs.
The essential duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Review and analyze Marketing Guidelines, updates, and notices from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the Department of Managed Health Care (DMHC), the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), and other agencies; interpret material, and alert appropriate HPSM staff to required changes and program updates; follow up with staff to ensure program needs are met in a timely manner.
- Coordinate content development and submit compliant electronic filings to the CMS, DHCS, and DMHC; develop and maintain an accurate database of all filings and status of filings.
- Work closely with key HPSM personnel to develop core regulatory materials for Medicare lines of business, ensuring compliance with CMS and other regulatory agencies.
- Ensure HPSM meets core competencies in current marketing regulations by serving as a resource for HPSM personnel.
- Ensure timely completion and submission of filings by identifying appropriate staff/partners for tasks and determining appropriate workflows.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in public administration, health care administration, rhetoric, communications, or related field (work experience in related fields may substitute for degree on a year-per-year basis, as determined by HPSM review). One (1) year of work experience in a health care or managed care environment. Experience with public programs.
Knowledge of: Medicare and Medi-Cal regulatory programs. Health Literacy, low-literacy audiences, and Translation requirements and complexities for audiences with no or limited English proficiency. Proofreading, editing, and printing processes. Section 508 website compliance, preferred. Personal computers and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Ability to: Edit, write, and communicate professionally. Provide excellent customer service. Organize work, set priorities, meet critical deadlines, and follow up on assignments.
Starting Compensation Range: Between $24.24 to $30.30 per hour - depending on experience.
Benefits Information: Excellent benefits package offered, including HPSM paid premiums for employee’s Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Employee pays a small portion of the dependent premiums (5%) for medical and dental benefits. Additional HPSM benefits include fully paid life, AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance; retirement plan (HPSM contributes equivalent of 10% of annual compensation); holiday and vacation pay; tuition reimbursement plan; onsite fitness center and more. Check out our full benefits package at: https://www.hpsm.org/abouthpsm/employment-opportunities.aspx (Under Employee Benefits Tab)
Application Process: To apply, submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to: Health Plan of San Mateo, Human Resources Department, 801 Gateway Blvd., Suite 100, South San Francisco, CA 94080 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax: (650) 616-8039. File by: Continuous until filled. EOE