Director, Heart Center Nursing, Columbus, OH
Come work for an organization where everything matters.
This is full-time position working Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
In cooperation and oversight by Co-Directors and the CNO, develop a dynamic Patient Care Strategic Plan within The Heart Center. Responsible for leading nursing and other allied health personnel in strategic directives to ensure world class patient/family care in Nationwide Children’s Hospital Heart Center. Leads managers and nursing within the Heart Center to achieve Forces of Magnetism through education, evidence based practice and research and shared governance. Assures cares in assigned areas are consistent with the organization’s mission, goals, and objectives.
- Directly oversees Inpatient CTICU and C5C departments, Advance Practice Nurses and Nurse Clinicians in the Heart Center, and acts as a role model for all professional staff in the Heart Center.
- Develops policies/procedures based on current research/literature to ensure consistent care of the heart patient.
- Coordinates communication among patient care team for Heart Center patients. For example: OR, CTICU, inpatients units, clinic and interventional cardiology.
- Develops and implements a Continuous Performance Improvement Program focused on evaluating and improving the management of Heart patients. Prepares reports for Heart Center Leadership, Nursing and QIP. Ensures Joint Commission and Ohio Department of Health standards are met throughout the Heart Center. Ensures Safety Initiatives are carried out in the Heart Center.
- Serve as Co-Chair for the Heart Center’s quality and safety committee in overseeing and ensuring the quality of clinical care, patient safety, and customer service provides throughout The Heart Center’s functional areas.
- Participates in local, state, and national professional Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery meetings, and influences Heart Center nurses and Allied Health Professionals to present and publish evidence-based practice from their work in the Heart Center.
- Oversees staff development and training for nursing staff and support staff assigned to heart patients.
- Establishes a collegial environment between Medical Staff, Clinical Staff and Administrators that creates a transparent and inclusive culture with in the Heart Center and external departments.
- Provides leadership and or professional direction to clinical leads of CT, OR, CICU, inpatient unit, interventional cardiology, diagnostics and outpatient, in alignment with ANCC Magnet standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or other Health Related Field.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio.
- Two years of cardiology nursing experience required.
- Analytical ability necessary to develop sound policies, procedures and budgets for assigned units.
- Five to seven years of progressively responsible experience in health care management. Several years of clinical experience desirable.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to see, hear, speak, read, and perform manual tasks with or without accommodations and care for oneself with little or no difficulty. Performance of principle duties and responsibilities may require the ability to travel.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.