Cardiovascular Radiologic Technologist, Portland, OR
Join our team at Adventist Medical Center Portland! We are looking for a skilled Cardiovascular Radiologic Technologist to join our Cardiac Cath Lab!
Adventist Health is more than a healthcare system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good—from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God’s love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
Recently named a Top Workplace by The Oregonian, Adventist Medical Center is a faith-based, not-for-profit health care network consisting of a 302-bed medical center, 34 medical clinics and home care and hospice services in the Portland metro area. Our full-service acute care medical center provides a full range of inpatient, outpatient, emergency and diagnostic services to communities on the eastside.
As our Cardiovascular Radiologic Technologist you aid physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of heart, lung and blood vessel disorders by conducting invasive and non-invasive diagnostic test of cardiovascular and pulmonary system. You will be responsible for operating the x-ray and physiological equipment, assisting with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures and maintaining the equipment and recording test results.
The essential functions of this job include:
- Assists physicians with procedures. Operates all special procedure equipment and can select and modify technical factors as needed. Acts as a resource for specialized or complicated procedures; consistently applies knowledge from complex situations to improve practice, and shares improvements with team members.
- Monitors, records and evaluates patient vital signs throughout procedures. Provides protection to patients in accordance with prescribed radiation safety standards; uses collimation, patient radiation protection, and immobilization. Maintains proper sterile techniques for procedures; regularly practices aseptic techniques; strictly obeys isolation and infection control procedures.
- Operates, records and maintains physiologic equipment, in accordance with established clinical cardiovascular procedures. Responsible for all cardiac cath equipment, such as C-Arm, angiographic injectors, and associated patient monitoring equipment; reports any malfunctions and regularly practices preventive maintenance procedures; demonstrates the ability to perform simple troubleshooting and repair.
- Assists the Cardiologist and/or Radiologist or physician during special procedures and in the administration of opaque media via catheter or direct injection; assists during examination relative to the catheterization, filming, and monitoring of the patient. Completes appropriate forms at the start and end of any special procedures, including special procedures record sheet and Radiology requisition. Charges are appropriately recorded. Performs general office duties as requested. Keeps area stocked at all times; cleans and disinfects equipment after each patient use; daily cleans special procedures room.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (some certifications will require Bachelor’s): preferred Master's Degree: preferred
- One year's catheterization experience: preferred
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification: required
- Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT) licensure in state of practice: required
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS: required.
- American Heart Association (AHA) ACLS: required.
- Current OBMI
- Certification as an EKG Technician: preferred.
For additional information, please contact Paromita Chatterjee, Talent Advisor at email@example.com or 503-261-6903 or visit our website at: https://www.adventisthealth.org/Tillamook/pages/about-us/careers/job-search.aspx