Clinic Administrator, Wenatchee, WA
The Clinic Administrator’s primary job function is to ensure effective day-to-day operations of the site and provide supervision for site support staff. This position works collaboratively with CVCH managers to ensure that all programs offered at assigned sites achieve program goals and maintain program compliance. The Clinic Administrator may serve as a CVCH liaison in the community in which the site is located.
Job Specific Competencies
Provides day to day leadership and management of assigned departments in alignment with the mission, core values and strategic goals of the organization.
- Develops staff schedules in compliance with protocols.
- Reviews and approves staff and provider time and attendance.
- Initiates and leads process for recruitment, corrective action and termination, in collaboration with Human Resources.
- Conducts regular departmental and site meetings and staff rounding.
- Promotes a culture of safety in a high quality work environment to motivate staff and promote teamwork.
Provides leadership in the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Regularly assesses assigned sites and programs for process improvement and lean opportunities.
- Acts as project lead for assigned projects.
- Promotes open communication and a collaborative work environment with other departments and sites.
Ensures that assigned sites are in compliance with all agency policies, procedures and guidelines; governmental laws and regulations; and accreditation requirements.
- Develop and implement action plans resulting in performance that meets or exceeds assigned goals.
- Monitor results and adjust action plans accordingly.
- Leads assigned departments to meet or exceed strategic, fiscal, quality and operational goals.
Responsible for all decisions impacting the financial bottom line of assigned departments. Maintains expenses within sustainability goals and meets or exceeds goals that impact revenue.
Manages patient flow in all clinic departments, maintaining provider schedules in compliance with scheduling protocols.
Maintains compliance with customer service protocols ensuring that all patients and site visitors conclude their interactions with a high degree of satisfaction.
- Analyzes patient satisfaction data and develops appropriate strategies to meet or exceed patient satisfaction goals.
- Effectively intercedes with family and patients to resolve concerns related to the delivery of health care services.
- Assists with investigation of facts related to patient complaints and incident reports.
Represents CVCH at community events as assigned. Develops and maintains working relationships with local and public officials; social service agencies and community leaders.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Employees are expected to embrace, support and promote the core values of respect, integrity, trust, compassion and quality which align with the CVCH mission statement through their actions and interactions with all patients, staff, and others.
- Follows all safety policies and general housekeeping practices. Ensures the area and its equipment and supplies are neat, clean, safe and utilized appropriately at all times, and participates in emergency drills.
- Demonstrates positive attitude toward clients, co-workers, and outside agencies.
- Supports interdisciplinary team in area by listening to concerns and suggestions and by providing follow-up and feedback in a timely manner.
- Keeps customer service and the mission of the organization in mind when interacting with all clients, co-workers, and others.
- Must be able to tolerate frequent work interruptions, organize work and reset priorities in order to complete work responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Follows all established policies, guidelines, and procedures, including federal and state regulations to assure safe practices and quality patient care. Includes following of Universal Precautions and Infection Control Standards and compliance with Joint Commission and HIPAA regulations.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in healthcare or related field required. Master’s degree in healthcare or related field preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: N/A
- Experience: Five years experience in a supervisory position with experience in a healthcare field. Consideration may be given for any combination of experience and education. Clinical background strongly preferred.
- Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Knowledge of computer applications and equipment related to work. Basic key boarding skills and must have strong experience with Microsoft Office software. Exhibit strong customer service skills, strong process improvement background. Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner in a variety of settings, meet people with ease and have excellent written and verbal skills is a must. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Interpersonal Skills: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work with physicians, dentists, nurses, and other professional/technical staff and senior management within the system. Demonstrated skill in developing and maintaining productive work teams. Ability to demonstrate personal integrity in all interactions. Excellent organizational, interpersonal and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals are essential. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
- Essential Physical Requirements: This job is performed mostly in a typical inside, office environment. While performing the duties of revenue. This job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Ability to read forms, computer screens, correspondence and other documents.
- Essential Mental Abilities: Thorough organization, management, and human relations skills with a style which reflects maturity, leadership, sensitivity, flexibility, and teamwork. Demonstrated experience in working with culturally diverse populations; thorough understanding of the issues facing Community Health Centers derived through prior management experience; and knowledge of specific operating systems of Community Health Centers, such as patient flow and billing; achievements in developing new services and patient volume in similar organizations. Ability to make decisions in line with state and federal regulations; ability to read, comprehend, and analyze documents, regulations, and policies; ability to prepare and submit complete and succinct documents necessary to the job. Ability to assess and evaluate, have attention to detail. Problem solving and analytical skills are required with a heavy emphasis on detailed analysis of information to support actions.
- Essential Sensory Requirements: Essential sensory requirements include the ability to: read computer keyboard, monitor, and documents; prepare and analyze documents; read extensively; see, recognize, receive and convey detailed information orally, by telephone and in person; convey accurate and detailed instructions by speaking to others in person and by telephone.
- Exposure to Hazards: Worker is subject to inside environmental conditions on a frequent basis with moderate noise. Typical working conditions found in most administrative work areas. Worker has contact with consumers and other staff and may be exposed to medical conditions presented by them.
Employee Statement of Understanding
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management may, with or without notice, add or change the duties at any time. Employees are employed “at will”.
CVCH Mission Statement
“It is the mission of Columbia Valley Community Health to provide access to improved health and wellness with compassion and respect for all.”
Bachelors or better in Health Administration or related field.
Masters or better in Health Administration or related field.
Minimum of 5 years experience in a supervisory position with experience in a healthcare field.
Clinical background strongly preferred.