Risk Manager, Tacoma, WA
MultiCare Health System
The reasons to work at MultiCare are as unique as the people who do. Join us for the professional challenges you seek. In the settings you prefer. With schedules that fit your life. Learn more at jobs.multicare.org.
The Risk Manager is responsible for organizing, coordinating, and carrying out programs to control the clinical risks associated with patient care services. The Risk Manager collaborates with patient safety specialists, patient advocates, infection prevention specialists and others to prevent and mitigate patient harm and the associated potential professional liability exposure; to ensure regulatory compliance with respect to the management of adverse patient events and patient grievances; and to assess and manage any event, activity or program that may involve significant risk of patient harm on a proactive or reactive basis. This position requires the ability to interact effectively with MultiCare’s executive and clinical leadership and management, and patients and their families to develop and implement mitigation strategies to resolve and mitigate patient safety concerns and adverse outcomes of care. The position requires an intimate knowledge of healthcare operations, accreditation standards, and regulations and the ability to apply them. It also requires the skill necessary to facilitate, negotiate and investigate matters of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Four to five years of experience managing professional liability events in a health care risk management setting and/or professional liability claims experience is preferred.
- Three to five years of experience as a clinician and/or equivalent work experience in a health care setting is preferred.
- Three years’ experience working with the public to resolve disputes or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Three to five years of experience developing and using databases to report information is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree in MPH, MBA, MPA, Nursing, and/or a Juris Doctorate degree is preferred
- Risk Management credentials, such as the Associate in Risk Management (ARM) or certificate program in Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM) are preferred
Please visit our website to apply for position #54305 online at https://jobs.multicare.org/riskquality
MultiCare is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or age.