Clinical Educator - Surgery, Westerville, OH
At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
Being the professional destination for nurses begins with courageous leaders. At Mount Carmel our focus is on leadership development. We designed our dedicated Leadership Academy to provide growth at every level. We encourage participative management. Because true nursing excellence is created when all Nurses are accountable and focused on people-centered care.
In accordance with the Mission and Guiding Behaviors; the Clinical Educator, within the scope of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act, functions within the standards, policies, procedures and guidelines of the organization. The Clinical Educator provides consultation and education to patients, families, staff and physicians regarding the care of patients, assumes a leadership role in issues relating to patient care and acts as a change agent to support institutional initiatives pertaining to the care of patients.
- Exhibits each of the Mount Carmel Service Excellence Behavior Standards holding self and others accountable and role modeling excellence for all to see. For example: demonstrates friendliness and courtesy, effective communication creates a professional environment and provides first class service.
- Meets population specific and all other competencies according to department requirements.
- Promotes a Culture of Safety by adhering to policy, procedures and plans that are in place to prevent workplace injury, violence or adverse outcome to associates and patients.
- Relationship-based Care: Creates a caring and healing environment that keeps the patient and family at the center of care throughout their experience at Mount Carmel following the principles of our interdisciplinary care delivery system.
- Provides nursing care, ensures an environment of patient safety, promotes evidence-based practice and quality initiatives and exhibits professionalism in nursing practice within the model of the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program®.
- erves as a role model in the management of select patient populations through direct or indirect care.
- Acts as a leader in monitoring, evaluating and helping to establish the standard of practice.
- Assesses the learning needs of associates within patient care settings in order to plan, organize, coordinate and participate in development and/or teaching of programs to meet those identified needs.
- Participates in monitoring, evaluating, reporting and improving standards of care.
- Consults with the manager regarding patient and staff clinical issues and assists with recommendations.
- Coordinates the orientation of new staff members.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited institution, Master's degree preferred
- Current licensure to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Ohio; Professional certification preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years recent experience in area of specialization preferred
- Effective Communication Skills
- Demonstrates leadership and teaching experience
- Demonstrates ability to function as an interdisciplinary team member and able to manage stressful situations
- BLS Healthcare Provider training required
At Mount Carmel, we invest in your success. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues to advance patient-centered care every day . Join us in our mission to transform the lives of those we serve.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Please apply online via the link below:
You can also submit your resume directly to Sharon.email@example.com