Director - Foundation, Ellensburg, WA
Director - Foundation
603 S Chestnut St, Ellensburg, WA 98926, USA * Full-time
Who is KVH...
KVH is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes 24-hour emergency care, inpatient, and outpatient hospital services through KVH Hospital. Clinics include family medicine, internal medicine, orthopedics, general surgery, women’s health, and urgent care.
Work-life balance is important to us. We value your mental wellbeing as much as your skills to perform the job and therefore offer a competitive PTO plan, benefits package as well as a 7% employer contribution pension plan. When you’re away from the office, we want you to be able to enjoy this beautiful setting. Commute to work by mountain bike. Hike in the wilderness on your day off. Backcountry ski from your door, or from lifts within an hour’s drive.
This position has a couple primary functions: implementation and development of an ongoing fundraising program on behalf of The Foundation at KVH, the creation and maintenance of community networks, both internal and external event planning, and identifying grant opportunities that would support the Foundation and KVH goals. This position works closely with The Foundation at KVH Board of Directors and KVH Administration in order to develop and implement fundraising strategies that meets the Mission and Goals of both KVH and The Foundation at KVH. This position reports to The Foundation at KVH Board and KVH Chief Executive Officer.
What is required...
- Bachelor's Degree in business, communications, or related field. Equivalent and pertinent experience may be considered in lieu of some education
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ work experience in a foundation, non-profit or other comparable fields or equivalent experience in organizational fundraising, events planning or related position
- Proven exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent leadership skills, initiative, creativity
What is preferred...
- Four (4) years’ experience working in a healthcare foundation entity
- Strong critical thinking skills; logical and deliberate decision-making
- Experience working successfully with volunteer boards, community members and businesses.
- Experience with desktop publishing and fundraising software
- Demonstrated success in acquiring foundation support through successful grant applications
- Understanding of tax laws as they relate to charitable giving alternatives.
- Evidence of supervisory experience
Wage Range: Starting at $40.00/hour; actual wage depends on years of applicable experience.
FTE: 1.0 = 40 hours/week