Director, OB - West Chester Hospital, West Chester, OH
Director, OB - West Chester Hospital - Obstetrics(Job Number: 045697)
Primary Purpose: The Director of Women’s Services is responsible for the provision of safe and competent patient care delivery to women and newborns, and to assure a continuous state of compliance with State and Federal guidelines as well as Joint Commission Center for Medicare or Medicaid Services (CMS).
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required. Master’s degree in nursing or related field preferred.
Years of Experience:
At least 3-5 years of nursing experience in Obstetrics, L&D, Newborn Nursing, Post-Partum, and Gynecological treatments & surgery. 1-2 years of experience in management required.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Demonstrates progressive responsibilities in management
- Demonstrates goals of achieving excellence and continuing improvement in quality, patient safety, and patient satisfaction
- Responsible for facilitating research, and quality improvement projects
- Demonstrates positive working relationship with staff, physicians, and other licensed independent practitioners.
- Demonstrates experience in budgeting for operations and personnel management
- Demonstrates evidence of continuing growth and leadership; attends specialty classes and seminars; meets and maintains required certifications and licenses.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio
- Current BLS & ACLS;
- PALS, NALS preferred or must be obtained within 1 year
- Certification in specialty area and/or leadership strongly preferred or must be obtained within 1 year
Most work will occur within the specific unit, with other Directors, Managers, and other members of nursing leadership. Work hours will vary from time to time depending upon the needs of the unit and director.
Organization - WEST CHESTER MEDICAL CENTER (INC)
Primary Location - West Chester Hospital - 7700 University Dr - West Chester, OH