Director - Support Services, Kirkland, WA
Director - Support Services
Job Title Director - Support Services
Department Plant Operations
Date posted 04/12/2018
Hours 40 hrs/wk
Salary Offers Competitive Wage & Generous Benefit Package
The Director of Support Services is administratively responsible for Plant Operations, Environmental Services, Grounds, Laundry/Linen, Meeting Scheduling/Support and Safety/Security. Provides leadership to department managers, participates in labor negotiations, key vendor selection, and contract management; and advises on facilities and long range planning. Works in collaboration with operational and clinical management, serves as a liaison to public safety and regulatory agencies.
Required for the position:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Health Services, or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- At least 5 years of facility management experience in a healthcare setting
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in facilities management
- Experience in hospital plant operations and maintenance
- Knowledge of hospital system policies
- Knowledge of Department of Health, Joint Commission, Environmental of Care/Infection Control and Emergency Preparedness requirements
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to communicate clearly and accurately, in writing and in public speaking
- Proficient skills to use Microsoft Office, specialized software and electronic office equipment
Desired for this position:
- Small works and major capital projects design and construction experience
- ASHE Certification
Competitive benefit package and relocation assistance provided.