Director of Human Resources, Eugene, OR
Director of Human Resources
Job Tracking ID: 512611-618984
Job Location: Eugene, OR
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: May 01, 2018
Starting Date: ASAP
Number of Openings: 1
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Developing policy, directing and coordinating Human Resources activities, including but not limited to; employment, compensation, employee relations, communications, customer service, benefits, training, employee wellness, safety, and employee services.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Chief Financial Officer and/or Chief Executive Officer
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Human Resources Staff
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires prolonged sitting, frequent standing, bending, stooping, and occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds. Requires normal range of hearing and manual dexterity to operate keyboard, photocopier, calculator and other office equipment as needed. Requires ability to work under stressful conditions and to deal with irate individuals.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment. Occasional evening work. Involves frequent contact with staff and the public. Work may be stressful at times and may involve dealing with angry or upset people.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Participate as a member of the Executive Committee.
- Establish or recommend to management, major company Human Resources strategies and objectives.
- Recommend modifications to existing company HR programs, as needed.
- Analyze wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compliant compensation plan.
- Research and identify characteristics of top 100 employers, make related strategy recommendations to top management.
- Develop and implement HR communication strategies for the organization. Coordinate and monitor communication efforts from physician and staff leadership. Identify communication gaps and develop strategies to address these gaps. Coordinate communication efforts with meaningful newsletters, communication boards, etc.
- Set the direction for the organization on job performance reviews, aligning the responsibilities and expectations of the job description with the goals, values and mission of the organization.
- Assist organization with staff training programs to assist personnel to perform at the highest level of their license or position.
- Assist the organization to set the culture of a customer service organization, represent the values of the organization including customer service skills.
- Establish and maintain compensation structure.
- Design and implement benefits programs to attract and retain staff.
- Manage recruiting function to meet projected employment needs.
- Write directives and communicate to managers advising them of company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, employee relations and employee benefits.
- Consult legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
- Develop and maintain a Human Resources system that meets top management information needs.
- Oversee the analysis, maintenance and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Study legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Write and deliver presentations to corporate officers or government officials regarding Human Resources policies and practices.
- Manage safety programs to ensure compliance with state and federal statutes and reduce workers compensation exposure and risk.
- Manage community outreach and volunteer opportunities for the organization.
- Manage Wellness program designed to reduce utilization of employee health benefits and reduce cost.
- Evaluate workflow processes, make recommendations for change and implement change.
- Responsible in assisting and helping lead programs regarding change management.
- Establish and monitor high level of customer service standards for staff.
- Develop departmental budgets and manage expenditures to that budget.
- Provide management reports as needed.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all other managers and directors in the organization.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Display passion and optimism. Inspire respect and trust. Mobilize others to fulfill the mission, vision and values of the organization. Provide vision and inspiration to peers and staff. Develop workable implementation plans. Communicate changes effectively. Build commitment and overcome resistance. Prepare and support those affected by change. Monitor transition and evaluate results. Delegate work assignments. Match the responsibility to the person. Give authority to work independently. Set expectations and monitor delegated activities. Provide recognition for results. Exhibit confidence in self and others. Inspire and motivate others to perform well. Effectively influence actions and opinions of others. Accept feedback from others. Give appropriate recognition to others. Include staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement. Take responsibility for subordinates' activities. Make oneself available to staff. Provide regular performance feedback. Develop subordinates' skills and encourage growth. Solicit and apply customer feedback (internal and external). Foster quality focus in others. Improve processes, products and services. Continually work to improve supervisory skills. Look for ways to improve and promote quality. Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, customers, and the general public. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have general knowledge of Human Resources systems, payroll systems, MS Word Processing software and MS Excel.
EDUCATION: Bachelor degree in Human Resources Management or related business field. MBA or MHSA preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Must have 5 years management experience. Experience in healthcare preferred. SPHR preferred.