MH Specialist III - LCSW, Hermiston, OR
MH Specialist III - LCSW
Location 1212 W Linda Ave Hermiston, OR 97838 United States
Employee Type Exempt
Job Title: Mental Health Specialist III
Job Family: MH
Department: Aspen Springs
Reports To: CNO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pay Grade: 6
This is a senior level clinical position with Lifeways. This position provides a variety of clinical services and supervisor functions. Duties include individual, group and family counseling, assessment and diagnosis, and treatment planning.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job:
- Must ensure compliance with Federal, State, and Interagency regulations
- Model and enforce Lifeways’ policies and procedures in a fair manner
- Must model the culture of excellent customer service as adapted by Lifeways, as well as Lifeways Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Provide diagnostic assessments with DSM V diagnoses, develop treatment plans, make referrals, provide individual, couple and family and group counseling.
- Provide crisis intervention, counseling, evaluations and related services; Education Groups.
- Provide supervision, consultation, education and training for other program staff. Provide supervision for licensure for program staff.
- Provide supervision for graduate level interns.
- May provide clinical review and/or supervision of work by other clinicians or subcontracted programs.
- Complete paperwork within agency expected timelines. Document into agency’s electronic medical record.
- Can act as program coordinator; design program services and coordinate activities with assigned staff.
- Provides clinical oversight. Difficult cases and crisis management are emphasized.
- Provides individualized case management to clients.
- Make appropriate referrals.
- May provide counseling and education and support to clients and families, skills training and outreach to client homes.
- Review treatment plans to ensure the delivery of appropriate interventions.
- Conducts comprehensive evaluations and diagnostics evaluation; develops treatment plans which may include the delivery of medical and mental health services to include prescribed medications and the maintenance of medication supplies.
- May act as liaison and provide consultation, education and information to community agencies that routinely come in contact with individuals with mental or emotional disturbances.
- Will oversee the Utilization Review process, including but not limited to evaluation and documentation of the effective and appropriate use of health care resources and make recommendations for the optimum use of hospital resources and facilities; severity of illness (SI) and intensity of service (IS); review of admission certifications; medical necessity for admission; and extended stay or professional services.
- Participate in the daily multi-disciplinary case management team.
- May perform other duties and special assignment as assigned.
Mental Health Specialist III position may supervise staff as needed. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplinary employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to perform the essential functions of this job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
- Customer service and detail oriented.
- Comprehensive knowledge of evidence-based practices, including: group counseling skills, one-on-one counseling skills, treatment planning, assessments, and referrals.
- Conducts psycho-social assessments and re-assessments throughout the patient’s hospital stay.
- Assist patients with insurance and/or inclusion in OHP.
- Actively coordinates discharge planning and placements from admission through discharge and/or referral to another agency.
- Experience with electronic medical records and telehealth highly desirable.
- Knowledge of cultural and family issues that can contribute to Lifeways’ development of clinically relevant and effective care.
- Bilingual/multilingual skills very beneficial.
- Ability to operate computers, copy machine, faxes, and scanner.
Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s degree in counseling, social work or closely related field plus 2 years’ experience.
- An additional two years of supervisory or program management is highly desirable.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Highest level of state licensure and/or certification or the ability to obtain within 30 days. (Idaho – LCSW, LCPC or LMFT) (Oregon – LCSW, LPC or LMFT)
- State approved or registered supervisor.
- Mental Health Specialist working with the chemically dependent must hold appropriate state credential/licensure or the ability to obtain within 30 days.
- Knowledge of regulations and laws governing mental health, behavioral, and addiction services, ethics, confidentiality, privacy, and other related areas.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must pass a drug test and criminal background check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the job. The employee is frequently required to sit, walk, or stand; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and ability to talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, along with depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Regular over-night and out of office travel is required.
- Hazardous Conditions: Risk of verbal and physical threats from clients. Use of keyboard and computer monitor (repetitive hand motions and potential eye strain). Possible exposure to airborne pathogens.
- Working Conditions: The noise level in the work environment is mild to moderate; 90% office-based, 10% field.
- Equipment / Materials Used: Common office machines including computer, printer, calculator, telephone equipment, tele-health system, copier, scanner, and facsimile. May drive your personal or Agency vehicle.
To learn more and apply visit www.lifeways.org/careers
LIFEWAYS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MEMBER OF NATIONAL HEALTH SERVICES CORPORATION