Health Systems Manager- Community Engagement, West Sacramento, CA
TITLE Health Systems Manager - Community Engagement & Outreach
EOE STATEMENT It is CommuniCare Health Centers' policy to fill every position without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), disability: physical or mental, age (40 and older), genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, AIDS/HIV, medical condition, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault, or stalking or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. CommuniCare Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and selects employees on the basis of qualifications and fit with the stated expectations of the position.
The Health Systems Manager- Community Engagement and Outreach will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide both clinical services and community education to the broader Yolo County community and potential patients of CommuniCare Health Centers. CommuniCare Health Centers' mission emphasizes nonjudgmental care, preventive care, health education and community referrals to address the broad spectrum of health and lifestyle concerns of clients served. CommuniCare Health Centers is a Federally Qualified Health Center providing comprehensive patient-centered primary care services including medical, perinatal, dental, substance abuse treatment, behavioral health and outreach services to low income, and multi-ethnic, uninsured and underinsured populations.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Oversight of daily operations for school-based clinical care, including staff supervision, staff training, monitoring and evaluation of clinical care, establishment of direct referral networks and maintenance of relationships with district and school-based personnel.
- Oversight of sexual and reproductive health (SRH) education services provided to all public middle and high schools in Yolo County.
- Includes supervision of Community SRH Education Teacher (hiring, management, training, evaluation).
- Work closely with the SRH teacher to collaborate with schools and update health education curriculum and learning tools used for school-based presentations.
- Oversight of the Promotoras program, including monitoring and evaluation of the program for quality and efficiency, implementation of quality improvement initiatives, expansion of the program delivery model and supervision of volunteers.
- Supervise CHEOP programming and relationships with migrant camps, including staff and volunteer supervision, staff and volunteer training, monitory and evaluation of CHEOP programming, and monitoring and evaluation of the program for quality and efficiency, implementation of quality improvement initiatives, expansion of the program delivery model.
- Act as liaison between CommuniCare Health Centers and community partners, school and district staff, and the Director of Health Promotion and Wellness. Coordinate schedules for outreach activities, presentations, and meetings.
- Works closely with the Director of Health Promotion and Wellness and the Director of Development to evaluate community outreach and community engagement strategies for CommuniCare Health Centers and ensure quality community engagement activities that translate into direct referrals for clinical care, marketing of CommuniCare Health Centers' services in the broader community and facilitate access to care for potential patients.
- Includes supervision of Community Coordinator.
- Includes collaboration with social media campaign to include health promotion and wellness content.
- Provide technical assistance, support, and guidance to staff and volunteers during community-based outreach activities.
- Assist with development of policies and procedures to improve clinical outreach activities and community engagement, including information tracking systems, direct referrals, and improving efficiency and productivity.
- Develop written materials, social media content and automated EHR content for distribution to clients, community members, partner agencies, school and district staff. Order educational materials, incentives, and other program materials.
- Attend specialized conferences/trainings, community partnership meetings, school and district meetings, conference/training meetings, in-service meetings, clinic staff meetings, and weekly staff meetings as needed or as assigned by the Director of Health Promotion and Wellness.
- Facilitate or co-facilitate youth group meetings and volunteer work at varying locations.
- Provide community education, resource and referral information at school sites, agency presentations, and other sites as needed.
- Oversee the collection of monthly statistics and compilation of quarterly and annual community engagement data. Oversee the use of the community engagement data to inform program evaluation and quality improvement efforts.
- Develop and oversee increased utilization of volunteers to support community engagement.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the Director of Health Promotion and Wellness.
Education & Experience: BA or BS degree in health and human services field and three years of experience working in a health clinic, counseling agency, or other closely related social service agency. Six or more months of experience providing clinic and outreach services at CommuniCare Health Centers and community partners strongly preferred. Must possess knowledge of reproductive health terminology and topics.
Special Skills/Equipment: Ability to work well on a multidisciplinary team. Bilingual Spanish/English preferred. Valid California driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required.
BENEFITS Medical, dental, vision, FSA, life insurance, disability, accident/critical illness plans, retirement with match, EAP, paid holidays, continuing education, vacation/sick leave available.
PAY Compensation depends on experience.
POSITION Health Systems Manager - Community Engagement & Outreach
REQ NUMBER HEA-18-00009
LOCATION Salud Clinic
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION CommuniCare Health Centers is a Federally Qualified Health Center providing comprehensive patient-centered primary care services including medical, dental, substance abuse treatment, behavioral health and outreach services to low income, multi-ethnic, uninsured and underinsured populations.