Health Systems Manager- Wellness, Davis, CA
TITLE Health Systems Manager - Wellness
EOE STATEMENT It is CommuniCare Health Centers' policy to fill every position without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), disability: physical or mental, age (40 and older), genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, AIDS/HIV, medical condition, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault, or stalking or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. CommuniCare Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and selects employees on the basis of qualifications and fit with the stated expectations of the position.
The Health Systems Manager - Wellness works under the supervision of the Director of Health Promotion and Wellness and is responsible to oversee patient wellness initiatives, clinic-based Health Education, Health Equity Initiatives, and the personnel management and implementation of Primary Care case management services. The Health Systems Manager - Wellness oversees the daily operations and direct supervision of the Health Services Supervisor, Health Coaching team and staffing for the Healthy Living with Diabetes program. CommuniCare Health Centers is a Federally Qualified Health Center providing comprehensive, patient-centered health services (including medical, dental, substance abuse treatment, behavioral health, perinatal and health education and outreach services) to low-income, multi-ethnic, uninsured and underinsured persons living in and around Yolo County.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time with reasonable accommodations.
- Manages the overall operations of Wellness Initiatives and ensures compliance with regulatory agencies. Collaborates with administrators, physicians, and staff on clinical health education policies and preventive health strategies. Develops and implements organization wide integration of wellness programs, services and systems which may bridge multiple departments or facilities.
- In conjunction with the Director of Health Promotion and Wellness, physicians, staff, and patients, identifies clinical health education strategies, interventions and resource allocation to promote and integrate high quality wellness services in the clinical setting. Grant.
- Manages and conducts complex needs assessments, promoting continuum of care.
- Researches, identifies, and implements best practices.
- Defines, develops, implements measures for evaluating interventions/health education services.
- Develop infrastructure and implement clinical health education support within Primary Care services, including and not limited to the development and implementation of Health Coaching and the Healthier Living with Diabetes Program.
- Develop Sexual and Reproductive Health Services and Sexual and Reproductive Health Services personnel into integrated Health Coaches, including updated job descriptions, training and certification requirements, and clinic implementation strategy.
- Develop scope of work to include additional clinical health education topics as prioritized by the Chief Quality Officer and Director of Health Promotion and Wellness.
- Develop scope of work to include nurse extender role, and the provision of administrative clinical support for Primary Care.
- Develop and implement Wellness Initiatives- examples include:
- Develop the infrastructure to support implementation of routine health education campaigns,
- Establish and connect Community Garden programming to clinical care.
- Health Equity Initiative
- Wellness Initiatives - Active Living; eating well; obesity prevention, stress management, tobacco cessation, etc.).
- Implementation of group clinical education classes.
- Work with the HSM - Community Engagement to host community wellness events.
- Supervise Reach out and Read and market to staff and patients as a routine inclusion of care.
- Manage Healthier Living with Diabetes Grant.
- Provide active supervision to the Registered Dietician and the Paraprofessional Diabetes Educator.
- Collect data and complete progress reports and grant narratives.
- Communicate with Yolo County Health and Human Services contact.
- Provide oversight and personnel management of Health Services Supervisor, including and not limited to:
- Manage the hiring, on-going supervision and support of the Health Services Supervisor.
- Training and on-going evaluation of the Health Services Supervisor.
- Facilitate regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of Wellness programming. Grant.
- Create and track benchmarks for patient engagement and wellness
- Assess outcomes and impact
- Utilize evidence base to inform programming
- Implement new initiatives to improve patient wellness.
- Train staff in initiatives and systems relating to patient wellness. Act as a resource to all clinic staff regarding program content covered under core job duties.
- Attend clinic staff meetings at each clinic site on a regular basis; Participate in other CommuniCare-wide and community meetings as appropriate.
- Collect data and complete progress reports and grant narratives as assigned.
- Other special projects and duties as assigned.
Education & Experience: Minimum three years of experience in design and coordination of health education and wellness services. Minimum two (2) years of supervisory or management experience required. Master's degree or minimum five years experience in public health, health care services, or behavioral sciences required. BA or BS degree in health and human services field required. Minimum five years of experience working in a health clinic, counseling agency, or other closely related social service agency preferred. Experience in a social service agency, health care organization or medical office required. Knowledge of medical terminology and health promotion and wellness theory. Knowledge of community resources. Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Knowledge of California health care programs.
Special Skills/Equipment: Bilingual English and Spanish preferred. Experience in program planning, implementation, evaluation, and education training. Experience with budget management. Strong interpersonal communication skills. Knowledge of PC applications required. Ability to communicate effectively with patients and patients’ family members. Data collection and analysis experience preferred. Previous supervisory experience required. Excellent organizational skills.
Expectations: Attendance and punctuality is necessary. Ability to work well with a multidisciplinary team. Ability to problem solve and be self-motivated, have a commitment to excellence and high standards. Must have excellent written and oral skills, strong organizational skills, problem-solving and analytical skills. Ability to multitask, manage priorities and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm. Expected to have strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to understand and follow written/verbal instructions. Able to feel comfortable discussing reproductive health and substance abuse issues. Able to work independently with little or no supervision. Required to have the ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels and with external customers.
Physical Requirements: *The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to operate office equipment, including computer and copier equipment. Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time, with occasional walking. Ability to bend and lift up to 25 pounds. Hearing and vision required.
BENEFITS Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, EAP, flexible spending account, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave available.
PAY Compensation depends on experience.
POSITION Health Systems Manager - Wellness
REQ NUMBER HEA-18-00002
LOCATION Davis Community Clinic
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION CommuniCare Health Centers is a Federally Qualified Health Center providing comprehensive patient-centered primary care services including medical, dental, substance abuse treatment, behavioral health and outreach services to low income, multi-ethnic, uninsured and underinsured populations.