Managed Care Contracts Manager, Sacramento, CA
UC Davis Medical Center
Managed Care Contracts Manager
Salary Range: $76,500 to $174,500 annually
Final Filing Date: Open Until Filled
The Managed Care Contracts Manager (Managed Care Specialist 4) is responsible for initiating, negotiating, overseeing, processing, and implementing managed care payor and provider contracts with health plans, insurance companies, and downstream providers. The incumbent also serves as a resource for UC Davis Health staff and others to provide information and advice on the terms of the contracted agreements. Additionally, this position evaluates and implements changes in federal and state law and University policy related to health care contracting, and provides information and training to UC Davis Health staff in the preparation, negotiation, and administration of managed care contracts. The Managed Care Contracts Manager will work independently and proactively with decision-making responsibility under the general consultative direction of the Director of UC Davis Health Contracts and in collaboration with internal constituents including Claims Payment, Risk Management, and Legal Affairs.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge pertaining to managed health care programs and contracts, commercial and government products and contracts, finance/analytics, and health care and managed care operations.
- Demonstrated experience composing, preparing, and negotiating complex managed care payor and provider contracts with in-depth experience negotiating hospital, medical group, ancillary, pharmacy and downstream agreements in a health care delivery or payor setting.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of people in the private sector, public sector, government, non-profit organizations, and educational institutions, as well as with internal faculty and staff at UC Davis Health.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and recommend appropriate strategies to health system leadership based upon knowledge and data.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or related field and/or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Operating knowledge and skills necessary to utilize business applications such as MS Word, Excel, Acrobat, and the Internet.
- Financial modeling skills with expertise in medical data, spreadsheets and database applications.
- Prior work experience in an academic health care system or community-based health care system and knowledge of academic or community-based policies, procedures and issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pertinent managed care policies and procedures falling within the scope of the position.
- THIS POSITION MAY BE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, DRUG SCREEN, LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTING, MEDICAL EVALUATION CLEARANCE, AND FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at:
Requisition number #052805
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer