ARNP OR Psychiatrist - Older Adults, Seattle, WA
ARNP OR Psychiatrist - Older Adults
OASIS – Seattle, Washington
OASIS Consultants, the older adult division of Navos, is looking for a full-time ARNP or psychiatrist to work with mentally ill older adults in our Nursing Home Program. We act as Consultants making medication recommendations to the primary prescriber. We use a client focused, recovery oriented, strength based approach to care in which we work jointly with our clients, their families, and other supports to develop and deliver holistic services.
Reports to: Program Manager - Oasis
Supervises: No direct reports, or supervisory authority but will need to work in collaboration with other members of the medical and non-medical team.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Completes or delegates the initial medical assessment process.
- Utilizes baseline assessment data and med/psych diagnosis in planning treatment care.
- Follows psychiatric medical process (i.e. assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation).
- Writes and implements medication orders as appropriate within the scope of practice.
- Monitors and documents consumer's responses to interventions and communicates with team members.
- Coaches, teaches and role models med/psych interventions for other medical staff.
- Supports a system-wide understanding of trauma prevalence, impact and trauma informed care.
- Must be able to work independently as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner in good standing, including with children, adults and older adults.
- Must possess and maintain current unrestricted Washington State RN & ARNP licenses, as well as current federal DEA/NPI licenses/numbers, active Medicare provider status and ongoing professional certification.
- Must meet the minimum qualification of a Mental Health Professional as per WAC 275.55.
- Preferably 2 years of direct experience in the treatment of severely and persistently mentally ill clients.
- Familiarity with psychotropic medications, their prescribing, appropriate monitoring and management of potential side effects.
- Knowledge of the current mental health system in Washington state and especially the Involuntary Treatment system.
- Current knowledge of psychotropic medications, appropriate monitoring and their side effects.
- Demonstrated competence in Microsoft Office suite.
Competitive including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Short/Long-term Disability, Life Insurance and 22 days of Paid Time Off and 8 paid holiday’s in your first year of employment
Known for our innovative approach, we are an award-winning 501C-3 nonprofit organization founded in 1966. The mission of Navos is to improve the quality of life of people vulnerable to mental illness and substance use disorders by providing a broad continuum of trauma informed care with a focus on recovery and resilience. Navos is committed to embracing equity and inclusiveness in everything we do. . Services are targeted to those who live at or near poverty, often as a result of their mental illness. Our efforts are intentional, deliberate, and a fundamental part of the everyday expectation for working at Navos. We believe that treatment works and recovery happens. Navos is affiliated with Multicare Health Systems.