Clinic Administrator-MSK Service Line, Vancouver, WA
Clinic Administrator-MSK Service Line
We are looking for a Clinic Administrator for our MSK Service Line of Orthopedics, Sports Medicine, Podiatry and Pain Medicine.
The successful candidate will be a Lean Leader engaging and inspiring providers and staff through servant leadership. In cooperation with the Department Chairs and the Director and Medical Director Leadership, this position is responsible for creating the targets for the MSK service lines which will allow TVC to achieve our annual goals. Within the Vancouver Clinic management system, the Administrator will engage in breakthrough initiatives and engage in a culture of continuous improvement to create new capabilities for MSK service lines and provide new value for our patients.
Leadership and Operations Management
- Create, maintain and operate a lean management system; developing a culture of continuous improvement and demonstrating consistent leadership through Leader Standard Work.
- Manage the daily operations and responsibilities to deliver excellent patient care within the MSK service line. Accountable for patient, provider, and employee satisfaction.
- Participate in the development of and transition to a Value-Based Care model.
- Manage areas of responsibility within budget while meeting performance objectives.
- Ensure that MSK objectives and goals are specific, measurable, action-oriented, realistic, time-bound, and are aligned with the mission, vision and operating plan.
- Participate in staff development, process improvement, systems effectiveness, and operational and business development efforts.
Staff Management and Development
- Effectively staff, hire, and develop the department supervisors, leads, and other employees.
- Hold direct reports accountable for successful job performance and work behavior by providing feedback, recognition, and appropriate positive and negative consequences.
- Motivate and coach direct reports and staff to produce the highest quality, efficient and cost-managed patient care. Develops his/her direct reports to manage in this way.
- Model professional, ethical, proactive, and positive leadership.
- Enable a workplace which encourages ownership in TVC mission and vision.
Process Improvement and Change Management
- Build and improve processes and systems that are designed to support the best patient experience efficiently and cost-effectively.
Problem-Solving, Innovation, and use of Technology
- Review analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine department/ division progress toward stated goals and objectives and new business opportunities.
- Assess opportunities and implement strategies to expand or improve processes, technology, programs, or services Apply technology to improve division, process, and staff performance.
- Establish effective working relationships with senior management, staff, patients, providers, customers, vendors, managers, and staff.
- Use systems that enhance communication and provide open and on-demand exchange of information, data, and relevant knowledge.
- Proficient use of spreadsheets, graphic presentations, and written reports.
- Participate in recruitment of providers, managers and staff, as needed.
- Produce and deliver reports in a professional, effective, and timely manner.
- Communicate regularly with management and providers.
- Establish & maintain solid work relationships, through communication, cooperation, and positive interaction with all employees, staff and physicians.
- Collaborates to prevent problems & find solutions.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and EDUCATION
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive management experience including lean principles, as well as operations, budget, and teams.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing patient or customer service teams in healthcare, service, or other business operations.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience hiring, managing, and developing direct reports, including others who manage staff.
- Ability to manage multiple functional areas, and across multiple locations.
- Ability to assess and monitor financial and operational performance, and use this to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to create and manage an operational plan, develop and manage budgets, and evaluate budget performance to achieve expectations.
- Ability to develop and articulate goals and leadership messages designed to promote organizational strategies.
- BA in Business, Healthcare, or related field.
- 3 Years of experience with management of an Orthopedics practice.
- Experience creating strong dyad relationships with medical leadership.
- Master’s degree in Business, Healthcare, or related field.
- EMR experience in EPIC desired.
- Ability to determine how current/future trends and legislation impact healthcare, e.g. access, patient/staff satisfaction, turnover; and to develop plans to adapt effectively.
We offer a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits package which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, paid time off, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.