Executive Director Financial Planning & Analysis, Phoenix, AZ
The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we’re excited about what the future holds for health care. That’s why we’re changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you’re ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. This opportunity is also eligible for our Management Incentive Program, as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
About Banner Health Corporate
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position is responsible for driving and supporting strategic financial planning, decision support and capital and operational budgeting programs and processes, with focus on quality of outcomes and superior service. Promotes a collaborative, open, and inclusive work environment within a highly matrixed organization. This position serves as the primary advisor to the organizations senior management on matters related to strategic financial planning. Monitors and oversees compliance of customer service, stakeholder relations, workforce, and financial goals and objectives as developed by the Board of Directors and senior executive management. This position is responsible for serving as a role model to staff across the system and representing Banner in a positive manner both within and outside the organization.
- Guides the development and implementation of short and long-range goals and objectives for the companys strategic financial planning, decision support and capital and operational budgeting programs processes. Provides leadership and expertise in the development, implementation, oversight, and evaluation of business plan development and review for the system. Incorporates best practices and responds to emerging trends to enhance operations, programs, and/or services. Implements and evaluates strategic programs, develops effective tools to measure performance, analyzes related data, prepares reports, and makes recommendations to senior leadership based on findings.
- Directs, supervises, and evaluates the work of staff and managers. Holds staff accountable for achieving plans and performance targets. Works with staff to identify and resolve the most complex issues and problems impacting financial planning, decision support and capital/operating budgeting processes. Supports development and continued professional growth to meet company and individual goals for long-term success. Demonstrates an expectation for continuous quality improvement utilizing processes that include consideration of all stakeholders.
- Builds and supports effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and organizations. Develops partnerships, coordinates activities, reviews work, exchanges information, and/or resolves problems related to financial planning and business development.
- Directs and participates in the development, implementation, and consistent application of effective organizational policies, procedures, and practices. Develops and supports internal controls to ensure that assets are safeguarded, policies and operating procedures are followed, necessary controls are effective and efficient, and compliance with current laws and regulations is achieved.
- Develops and oversees the department budget to meet corporate goals and objectives. Meets annual budgetary goals. Translates organizational plans, goals, and initiatives into assumptions for annual operating and/or capital budgets. Negotiates contracts with external vendors for products and/or services and monitors/evaluates quality and/or performance. Manages and reports expenditures.
- Communicates the department vision, translating it into actionable projects and activities. Maximizes management staffs contributions and assures timely decision-making reflecting the mission, vision, and values of the system.
- Reviews, prepares, analyzes, and presents reports and recommendations to senior leadership regarding operations, programs, services, and/or other applicable areas of interest in order to provide concise and accurate information that aids in decision-making.
- Participates as a subject-matter expert and may lead or facilitate task forces, teams, and/or councils to plan, implement and coordinate programs, services, and/or activities for the organization. May serve as a staff resource to the organizations Governing Board and/or applicable committees.
Bachelors Degree in a relevant field or equivalent level of education and experience. Expert-level working knowledge of principles, practices, and operations in assigned or related area of responsibility as normally obtained through a minimum of five years of progressively responsible managerial experience, including a minimum of two years management level experience within a healthcare system setting or large multi-operational, complex corporate environment.
Depending upon assigned area of responsibility, position may require applicable certifications and/or licensures, including but not limited to: RN; MD or DO; Drivers License; Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA); Certified Protection Professional (CPP); Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU); Associate in Risk Management (ARM); CPA; SPHR; Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA); Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT); Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM); Certified Facility Manager (CFM); Certified Coding Specialist (CCS); Certified Professional Coder (CPC); JD from an American Bar Association accredited school; admission to a State Bar Association.
Must demonstrate expert-level knowledge and awareness of area of expertise in designated facility, business entity or area and/or experience in which the knowledge, skills, and abilities are directly transferrable. Proven track record of driving successful performance outcomes and accomplishing organizational goals. Must demonstrate skills and business acumen through direct leadership experiences such as: Anticipating and responding to the needs of internal and external customers; managing a budget and financial plans; building partnerships with management, staff, and stakeholders to achieve department goals and objectives; managing problems and situations where uncertainty is inherent; persuading others to adopt a particular stance on an issue; developing and evaluating best practices and emerging trends for organizational applicability and appropriateness; constructing new and innovative solutions for complex and varying problems and situations while considering the larger perspective or context; mentoring and coaching staff by providing open and honest feedback to enhance performance; developing and implementing strategic goals and initiatives that support organizational success; demonstrating excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills; demonstrating a passion about continuously improving and providing high quality care and service excellence to customers, patients, families, employees and/or physicians.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred. Three to five years experience in similar role in healthcare also preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.