Executive Director Registered Nurse Care Coordinator Services, Phoenix, AZ
Banner Health believes leadership matters, and we look for people who share our vision making health care easier, so life can be better. Our leaders are at the front of the health care transformation, planning the future of Banner Health.
This is an excellent opportunity to have oversight as the Executive Director RN Care Coordination Services for the Enterprise to align patients of care continuum in the post-acute space for care today, care tomorrow. You will have the ability to provide guidance, troubleshoot and lead the operational change to a standardization model. You will have an amazing clinical staff to ensure consistency to ensure safe discharge in caring for peoples lives.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. This opportunity is also eligible for our Management Incentive Program, as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
About Banner Health Corporate
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position provides system-wide leadership in the development and implementation of case management programs and services across the acute care setting, including optimizing care coordination, resource utilization, quality outcomes and maximizing reimbursement. This position is responsible for driving and supporting all Care Today programs and processes, with focus on quality of outcomes and superior service, while promoting a collaborative, open, and inclusive work environment within a highly matrixed organization. This position also monitors and oversees compliance of customer service, stakeholder relations, workforce, and financial goals and objectives as developed by the Board of Directors and senior executive management. This position is responsible for serving as a role model to staff across the system and representing Banner in a positive manner both within and outside the organization.
- Directs and oversees the development and implementation of company-wide care coordination, utilization management, and social work services policies, procedures and programs in conjunction with related goals and objectives. Ensures compliance with federal and state regulations, and accreditation organizations, as well as established organizational policies and procedures. Communicates the department vision, translating it into actionable projects and activities. Maximizes management staffs contributions and assures timely decision-making reflecting the mission, vision, and values of the system.
- Guides the development and implementation of short and long-range goals and objectives for care coordination in the acute-care setting across the system. Incorporates best practices and responds to emerging trends to enhance operations, programs, and/or services. Implements and evaluates strategic programs, develops effective tools to measure performance, analyzes related data, prepares reports, and makes recommendations to senior leadership based on findings.
- Responsible for designing, implementing, and monitoring medical management processes that will result in optimal clinical outcomes and effective and efficient utilization of resources.
- Ensures that development of care coordination services across the continuum leads to outcomes supportive of the organizations strategic plan. Designs and implements processes to ensure appropriate care coordination in accordance with regulatory and standards of safety. Directs and participates in the development, implementation, and consistent application of effective organizational policies, procedures, and practices. Develops and supports internal controls to ensure that assets are safeguarded, policies and operating procedures are followed, necessary controls are effective and efficient, and compliance with current laws and regulations is achieved.
- Develops and oversees the system-wide budget for Care Today to meet corporate goals and objectives. Meets annual budgetary goals. Translates organizational plans, goals, and initiatives into assumptions for annual operating and/or capital budgets. Negotiates contracts with external vendors for products and/or services and monitors/evaluates quality and/or performance. Manages and reports expenditures and accounts payable transactions.
- Directs, supervises, and evaluates the work of direct staff and matrixed employees. Accountable for achieving plans and performance targets. Works with cross-functional team members to identify and resolve the most complex issues and problems. Supports development and continued professional growth to meet company and individual goals for long-term success. Demonstrates an expectation for continuous quality improvement utilizing processes that include consideration of all stakeholders.
- Participates as a subject-matter expert and may lead or facilitate task forces, teams, and/or councils to plan, implement and coordinate programs, services, and/or activities for the organization. May serve as a staff resource to the organizations Governing Board and/or applicable committees.
- Reviews, prepares, analyzes, and presents reports and recommendations to senior leadership regarding operations, programs, services, and/or other applicable areas of interest in order to provide concise and accurate information that aids in decision-making.
Bachelors Degree in a relevant field or equivalent level of education and experience
Depending upon assigned area of responsibility, position may require applicable certifications and/or licensures, including but not limited to: RN; MD or DO; Drivers License; Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA); Certified Protection Professional (CPP); Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU); Associate in Risk Management (ARM); CPA; SPHR; Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA); Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT); Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM); Certified Facility Manager (CFM); Certified Coding Specialist (CCS); Certified Professional Coder (CPC); JD from an American Bar Association accredited school; admission to a State Bar Association.
Expert-level working knowledge of principles, practices, and operations in assigned or related area of responsibility as normally obtained through a minimum of five years of progressively responsible managerial experience, including a minimum of two years management level experience within a healthcare system setting or large multi-operational, complex corporate environment.Must demonstrate expert-level knowledge and awareness of area of expertise in designated facility, business entity or area and/or experience in which the knowledge, skills, and abilities are directly transferrable. Proven track record of driving successful performance outcomes and accomplishing organizational goals. Must demonstrate skills and business acumen through direct leadership experiences such as: Anticipating and responding to the needs of internal and external customers; managing a budget and financial plans; building partnerships with management, staff, and stakeholders to achieve department goals and objectives; managing problems and situations where uncertainty is inherent; persuading others to adopt a particular stance on an issue; developing and evaluating best practices and emerging trends for organizational applicability and appropriateness; constructing new and innovative solutions for complex and varying problems and situations while considering the larger perspective or context; mentoring and coaching staff by providing open and honest feedback to enhance performance; developing and implementing strategic goals and initiatives that support organizational success; demonstrating excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills; demonstrating a passion about continuously improving and providing high quality care and service excellence to customers, patients, families, employees and/or physicians.
Case Management Certification Preferred
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.