Director Workforce Strategy & HR Analytics, Downers Grove, IL
Director Workforce Strategy & HR Analytics
We are Advocate Aurora Health. We are now part of something bigger. Something extraordinary. Two national leaders together as one, helping millions of people live well with unsurpassed access to world-class care. Reimagining Health. Transforming Care.
500 Sites of Care. Creating new possibilities in our communities.
8,100 Plus Physicians. Providing integrated access to world-class specialists.
70,000 Team Members. Impacting lives every day as champions of wellness.
Reimagining Health. Transforming Care.
The Director of Workforce Strategy and HR Analytics will provide strategic, operational, and technical direction to lead the development of systemwide workforce planning strategies and analytics to predict human capital needs and provide a strategic business advantage. Directs the development and deployment, in partnership with IT Business Intelligence team, of the unified HR Analytics DataMart that integrates data from existing internal and external systems to lead the Workforce Strategy and Analytics team in designing and developing analytical models, tools and procedures, conducting statistical/financial analysis, creating supply and demand forecasts, discovering and articulating business impact and insights.
This role will require travel to both corporate headquarters in IL and WI, in addition to site visits as needed. The position offers the flexibility to be based in Milwaukee, WI or Downers Grove, IL.
- Leads and directs the design and development of workforce planning and HR analytics models, tools and procedures for system-wide implementation.
- Directs the research and analysis of internal organizational information and external factors to include industry data, practice analytics, supply/demand forecasting and other analytical insights in order to develop human capital strategies to proactively respond to patient, business and market/service line changes. Considers present workforce implications and future competencies as dictated by the business strategy and by leveraging external partners.
- Leads, in conjunction with Human Resources Business Partners leaders, the development of detailed and customized workforce strategies to retain, engage, and attract talent for defined critical positions.
- Leads and directs the design and development of talent review metrics and analytics on bench strength, succession readiness, organizational risk, etc.
- Leads and directs the integration of system Diversity and Inclusion metrics into the workforce strategy and analytics framework specifically, around the Relevant Labor Force.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Statistics, Business or related field.
- Fluent in Tableau.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with a strong focus on Excel and PowerPoint.
- Typically requires 7 years of experience in statistical analysis/workforce analytics which includes driving workforce planning strategies and analytics to enable leaders to create effective strategies to address critical workforce issues and opportunities. Typically requires 3 years of experience in management of staff and budgets.
- Advanced knowledge of business and human resources functions used to support human capital decision making, or of medical group management, finance and healthcare delivery models.
- Understanding of the interconnectivity of healthcare services, healthcare reform impacts on workforce, revenue/expense and space optimization of increasing/decreasing human capital.
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to facilitate the creation of workforce strategies with operational leaders/internal HR experts.
- Strong written and verbal communication and consulting skills to work effectively and build positive relationships. Ability to present data clearly, make recommendations as appropriate, and influence other non-direct participants based on logic and content.
- Knowledge and skills in performing regression, quantitative and qualitative analysis and statistics, factor analysis and performing predictive modeling. Skills in applying analytical techniques used to draw inferences and conclusions from analyses, translating information into insights and to facilitate effective decision-making.