Director HIT Site Svcs - Lutheran General, Park Ridge, IL
- Masters Degree or equivalent
- BA/BS in Business, Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years progressive IT experience leading and supervising technical and application teams in complex projects.
- Strong expense and capital budget management experience.
- Demonstrated interest in continued professional development through the pursuit of related advanced degrees, conference/seminar participation, professional speaking engagements on technology topics, or published white papers/articles.
- Demonstrated project management expertise performance improvement experience, strong decision making abilities, concurrent multiple implementations experience
- Strategic planning experience, excellent analytical, technical, and problem solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Staff management and development expertise
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Strong presentation skills
- Solid knowledge of process improvement
- Management and system adoption techniques
- Exposure to finance and budgeting a plus.
- Travel to multiple Advocate sites of care may be required.
- Work hours may be flexible to meet the needs of the program.
The Dir HIT Site Svcs is responsible for IT leadership, planning and operations at their assigned hospital site and surrounding auxiliary locations (including outpatient clinics and auxiliary sites). Serving as the HIT~to~business liaison, the Director fosters partnerships and cooperation throughout the organization to understand business and clinical objectives and coordinate with HIT teams to ensure proper technology solutions that enable these objectives. The Director manages the local portfolio of applications and technologies, for both the hospital site and outpatient clinics, and advances adoption of these solutions in order to provide value to Advocate. The Director also contributes meaningfully to the design, executive, and evaluation of the Field Services vision and strategy.
- TECHNOLOGY ADOPTION ~ Acts as the chief ambassador of technology to continually collect and assemble opportunities to better leverage existing solutions and direct them through the project lifecycle.
- BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT ~ Creates productive relationships with site executive teams clinical and business stakeholders (particularly Director~level and above) and physicians to stimulate partnership and elicit a positive image of HIT.
- SITE OPERATIONS ~ Directs and guides goal achievement, financial oversight, performance improvement, and vendor contracting activities.
- FIELD SERVICES DIVISION LEADERSHIP ~ Participates in determining the future direction of the Field Services division, partners with peers to create cross~site alignment and serves as a representative on Advocate~wide projects and committees. Presents recommendations and implementation strategies to Vice President.
- APPLICATION / TECHNOLOGY PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT ~ Delivers all application, infrastructure and technology programs and projects at the local site and surrounding outpatient clinics in compliance with project office policies and standards.
- OPERATIONAL MANAGEMENT ~ Ensures that applications and infrastructure are current and available to support business operations.
- STAFF DEVELOPMENT ~ Creates a welcoming and challenging environment for staff to advance current skills or develop new skills.