Everett Medical Center Manager II - Primary & Specialty Care Clinics, Everett, WA
Everett Medical Center Manager II - Primary & Specialty Care Clinics (Exempt, Everett) New Position!
Location: Everett, WA
Job Number: 714037
Date posted: 07/02/2018
For use in medical centers of 15,000 + enrollment. The Medical Center Manager is responsible for the growth and delivery of health care services for the Everett Primary and Specialty Care campus. . Acts as the strategic, operational, and administrative leader for all staff within a single medical center. Lead all manager(s) within the medical center to ensure that standard work is fully implemented in the medical center to optimize the patient care and service experience while achieving clinical and financial performance goals. Leads an interdisciplinary team that may include medical/surgical/procedural specialties, ancillary services, and business operations managers to assure the alignment and integration of services within the medical center. Assures alignment of medical center goals with the organization's strategic initiatives and business plans.
- Operational Excellence: In partnership with the medical center physician leader, provides overall leadership and direction of the day-to-day business and clinic operations of a medical center to include, technical and nursing support activities. Leads and supports integration and collaboration across all services within the medical center to ensure a positive patient experience and consistent delivery of patient care services within each discipline. Assures performance targets are set and met by using effective tools that measure progress, identify countermeasures, making the achievement of milestones visible.
- Continuous Improvement: Leads the implementation of complex change management and improvement efforts associated with access management, clinical quality and safety standards. Partners with designated physician leaders to ensure that standard work is fully implemented in the medical center to optimize the patient care and service experience while achieving clinical and financial performance goals.Patient Experience: Assures the delivery of patient care that meets or exceeds clinical quality and safety standards. Collaborates with physician partner to oversee the customer experience and assure excellent service behaviors. Ensures service excellence targets are met by monitoring performance using Press Ganey reports and tools. Resolves patient complaints and unusual occurrences (UOs).
- Management Development & Staff Engagement: Leads the management team for the medical center to include managers who either matrix report or have a direct report into the building. May also manage frontline staff. Responsibilities include selection, onboarding, coaching, evaluation, performance management, management development and staff engagement. Leads the development of P & D expectations, and assures the consistent assessment of staff performance against building behavior standards.
- Financial Stewardship: Develops budgets that meet established goals for affordability and practice efficiency. Makes financial decisions informed by their P & L thereby assuring successful financial performance for all services within the building.
- Compliance and Emergency Preparedness: Ensures ongoing compliance to regulatory, accreditation, and enterprise requirements. Leads the medical center management team in maintaining clinical standards and practice in accordance with all local, state and federal requirements. Assures that emergency preparedness and recovery plans for the medical center are current, and that all managers and staff within the building are trained and know what is expected during and after an emergency.
- Minimum four (4) years of progressively responsible management experience in a health care environment, including demonstrated success in managing financial resources; identifying and meeting customer requirements; selecting and developing managers; and working effectively with medical staff.
- Bachelor's degree in business, health care administration, nursing, clinical discipline or related field.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to lead and direct the activities of others, hire, performance manage, mentor and develop managers and staff.
- Ability to collaborate and be influential across structures and roles.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to prioritize and effectively anticipate and respond to issues as they arise.
- Effective communication, collaboration and change management skills.
- Financial and human resource management skills; demonstrated success working with medical staff.
- RN with current unencumbered Washington State license.
- Masters Healthcare, prefer MSN.
- (2) years of experience as a health care clinician.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, managed care, health care delivery systems and nursing practice.
- Prior responsibility of million dollar plus budget.
- Complex project management experience.
Primary Location: Washington,Everett,Everett Medical Center 2930 Maple St.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Working Hours Start: 8:00 AM
Working Hours End: 5:00 PM
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Job Category: Administration, Clerical and Support Services
Department: Everett Medical Center Administration
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.